Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sunny day projects

I absolutely love the sunny days here in Fort Collins. It makes it so nice for drying time on painting furniture and other items. On this particular sunny day, I grabbed some garage sale pieces and spruced them up for my booth. I did some small candle holders, some wall art, a little wicker table with drawer and a buffet. The sun was so warm that it only took me a little over an hour to finish all the projects below. Here's a look...
Cute little table with shelf I picked up at a garage sale
Darling detail on drawer pull after the dry brush. Little flowers really show now.
Finished product. So cute. Sun dried it for me and I used the dry brush technique so it only took me about ten minutes!

Before...boring brown wall art. A little shabby chic and...

Just did a little dry brush of reds, greens, golds and shabby white and they turned out great! Thank you sunshine!

One of the favorite pieces I have ever done. Found this at a thrift store! Beautiful and solid.


Beautiful detailing on the hardware.
Beautiful scrolled and detailed legs. It was so solid.

First coat of linen white. The sun was so hot that I had to really hurry to paint because I didn't want drag marks. Turned out great!

Handle detailing. Was very happy with the way it turned out.


After....second coat of white and then sanding. I did a heavy distress on this. The sun dried the paint so it gave a little "peeled" finish to it. I love it!

This was a thrift store find! As always, enjoy the sunshine...wear your sunscreen and Happy Thrifting! XOXO the thrift addict

No comments: