I loved the flair of the arms and they were really sturdy. I painted them in an ecru by Americana paints and then antiqued them in raw umber and lightly distressed the wood. I went to our local fabric outlet and found some sample suares of discontinued floral fabric and some red and cream colored ticking fabric in the remnant box. Total cost for fabric on both chairs $12. I am not a seamstress so everything I do is hand sewn adding to the vintage look. Here is how they turned out.
The picture below is my front porch. I wanted a touch of the blue I have fallen in love with this season to be outside as well so I took a couple of old planters I had and dry brushed a robin's egg blue on them then did a dry brush and blend while the blue was still wet with an army green I picked up at home depot. I think they turned out great! Threw some old stems together by weaving them onto eachother to make the wreath. Super fun and easy. All reused and recycled. My favorite thing in the world! Happy Thrifting XOXO the thrift addict.