Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A sweet re-do on a roll top desk

This little desk was only $10 on craigslist! I didn't even go to purchase it. I found another desk online for $20 and when I got there the guy had me take a look at this one. The rolltop worked great, it was solid although not solid wood and I loved the size. Only 22 inches in width and 36" tall! So cute. I know this is a quickie blog, but since I have explained my techniques in the past...here goes...BEFORE
So cute but had to scrape off stickers and such. Only came with one knob...easy fix.
One coat of Gripper to make the laminate act more like wood to receive the paint.

Coat of black satin paint. Distressed the edges with sand paper to give it some character and added a coat of satin Polycrylic.

Cute knobs and the roll top down and this is the AFTER version of the cute little $10 desk. I put $48 on it for a quick sale in my booth at A & J's . Sold in 24 hours.
This is the sort of project that I love. Bought one day, painted the next, sold the next. It's good to thrift! Happy Thrifting XOXO the thrift addict.

No comments: